The significant increase in young migrant students over recent years presents new challenges in education. Our planned online workshops with teachers, academics, and other professionals to discuss the issues, and to demonstrate imaginative and innovative ways that teachers and professionals can work with migrant students, enabling them to fully participate in school communities and engage in learning.
The workshops will also encourage discussion and sharing of practice through interaction with education professionals from other schools and countries.
- allow students to tell their experiences in creative ways,
- work with our professional filmmaker to realise their ideas,
- allow collaboration with subject teachers (arts, history, geography and literature), and
- explore cross-curricular themes of migration and identity.
We can also help organise exhibitions and discussion of students’ artworks in school or online exhibitions.
These were for schools who expressed an interest in participation, we:
- conducted workshops to introduce the research, giving background about migration in Scotland, Finland, and Sweden,
- discussed the project aims and purposes, as well as details of the research plan, and
- shared information about the different aspects and activities of our project with schools.
- No further dates